Document destruction, archive and electronics recycling units bundled as Kane Information Security.
The Kane Co.
, headquartered in Elkridge, Md., has restructured executive staff positions and responsibilities. John Kane, chairman and CEO of Kane Co., says the changes were necessary because of the company’s growing services and the need to consolidate and streamline decision-making responsibilities.
The Kane Co. also recently introduced two new business lines: Kane Hospital Relocation Services LLC and Kane Home Moving & Storage LLC.
“There was a need to restructure and streamline for clearer lines of communication within the Kane Co. as well as between our company and our clients,” Kane says. “The changes have allowed us to increase emphasis on specific lines of service including our newly introduced business units.”
In addition to the staff changes, Kane has bundled three related business units: Office Shredding LLC, Office Archives LLC and eCyclers LLC under the name Kane Information Security.
James Durfee, newly appointed president of Kane Information Security, says, “All three of these businesses are directly involved with the protection of a company’s vital business information. It was logical we combine the three under one management group.”
Under the staff restructuring:
- Ron Meliker, currently executive vice president/COO, will become president;
- David Korotkin, currently executive vice president/CFO, will become executive vice president and CFO;
- James Durfee, currently senior vice president and general manager for Office Archives LLC, Office Shredding LLC and eCyclers LLC, will become president of all three entities and will be responsible for marketing and business development;
- Gary Corbett, currently vice president and general manager of Office Movers Inc.’s Springfield, Va., office, will become president of Office Movers Inc.;
- Ron Granville, currently vice president and general manager for Kane 3PL Third-Party Logistics, will become president of Kane 3PL; and
- Tim Raver, formerly vice president and general manager for Sterling Moving & Storage, has joined the company as general manager of the company’s newest division, Kane Home Moving & Storage LLC.
The Kane Co. has offices in Rockville, Frederick, Baltimore and Lanham, Md.; in Richmond and Springfield, Va.; and in New Castle, Del.